Pizza Express

Name:Pizza Express
Independent or Chain: Chain
Cuisine: Italian
Price: ££ - Moderatly priced
Out of Five: 4/5

We recently visited Pizza Express before we watched a show called 'let it be'. The show was amazing, it was a take on how a beatles concert may have been. I have always been a huge beatles fan and absolutley loved this experince. The actors/performers were incredible and you could tell that they were thoroughly enjoying their experience, especially 'John Lennon'.

We had a 2 for 1 deal and chose to come to Pizza Express. Neither of us has been prior to this visit but have been interested to try it. I have heard really good thing and especially with all the new vegan options that they have available it was even more of an incentive to come along.

To  begin out meal we ordered some drinks, I had a glass of white wine called 'Verdichio' if I remember correctly - It was a really good, smooth wine that accompanied the meal very well. Ethan had a cocktail, I think that was seasonal so  that it would be on the menu any more.



For starters, I had the vegan dough balls. These arrived on a small white plate dotted around a small bowl in the centre which contains a spiced tomato dip (Not spicy) and I would get them again but would prefer it if maybe they were slightly bigger but overall I did really enjoy them! Ethan had his go-to starter which was calamari rings, these come in white pot on a plate with a small pot of Caesar sauce and a lemon to top with.




For mains, I had the vegan pizza topped with jack fruit that has been marinated in a tomato sauce and vegan mozzarella and finished off with parsley on the top. This was another winner for me, I really enjoyed it - The cheese was really good, it didn't overload the pizza in any way as some places do - it was right amount. Ethan had the pepperoni pizza.



And then for dessert, we had the vegan carrot cake which is served with a coffee. I say "we" it was defiantly all me. This was easily one of the best carrot cakes I have had, and I have had my fair share of cake. It was light and fluffy, the icing was delicious and the coffee was served with Soy milk. I would get this next time 100% and would even recommend going just for this desert!



Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to pizza express. The staff were lovely, tentative and polite. Our whole experience was excellent!

Instagram: @Chvrlottee

@CharlottesGalleryUK

Comments

Popular Posts