Flora and Fauna, Perth WA

Name: Flora and Fauna
Chain or Independent: Independent
Cuisine: Australian/Brunch
Price: £ Slightly over Average
Out of Five: 4/5



Now that we are over in perth and not eating out everyday, I am defintely being slightly more picky with where we are going for food. Flora and Fauna was at the VERY tippity top of my list!
Flora and Fauna is a cafe based in the Northbridge area of Perth, close by the Univeristy and extremly easy to get to! You'll find this cute cafe situated in a laneway with cute picnic style tables and plenty of room. (we didnt have to wait to be seated) They operate out of a kitchen which is open plan with a cash register, gift shop, a few seats and a lovely selection of cakes on display. I got to speak with a few members of staff and all were lovely!

We arrived at around 12pm and were able to find a seat immeadiatly and then came the hard part.. choosing what to have, we ordered two coffees one with almond milk and on with soy milk (This is our usual, ive been dabbling more in almond recently but I chose soy this time)



I got the banana bread but.. 'As a meal'. This means that you get the slice of banana bread and some extra goodies. When my meal arrived I was pleasantly surprised! Not only was my banana bread basically a wedge of cake instead of a slice, it came on a plate full to the brim of fruit! Beautifully presented. The banana bread could be one of the best banana breads I personally have ever tasted (and I am biased towards my own banana bread which I have a recipe to on my blog) it was bursting with flavour whilst still being lisght, fluffy and moist. The fruit that came with the banana bread was Apple, Strawberry, Pineapple, Kiwi, Dragon Fruit and Orange. Oh and how could I forget, it also came with a pot of peanut butter on the side (There were three options for the on the side sauce)



Ethan ordered the 'Brushetta Bagel' which is a bagel with a tomato 'sauce' I use the word sauce very loosely as it wasnt necassarily a sauce, but if you look at the photograph you will see its more of a topping. It came with avocado on the side (Round the back of the bagel, not photographed) Hummus, Pumpkin seeds and Cucumber.



Before we left I had to get a cake! Kindly one of the waitresses told me what each one was, I ordered the lemington which is an australian cake I have never heard of or had before.

Overall, I loved every minute spent at Flora and Fauna. It is unmissable! The food was delicious, the staff were super friendly, the coffee was great and the service/wait time was good too not too quick and not too long! I am hoping that Ill be able to come back before I leave even if its just to grab a coffee and a cake to go.




Enjoy!

Instagram: @Chvrlottee

@CharlottesGalleryUK

Comments

Popular Posts