The Shady Shack, Canguu - Bali


Name: The Shady Shack
Chain or Independent: Independent
Cuisine: Western
Price: £ Average
Out of Five: 4/5



During my time in Bali, I spent a while in Canguu. I had heard of The Shady Shack before coming over to Bali so it was quite far up on my list. The Shady Shack is located right in the heart of Canguu on a road situated between Rice Paddies. Since opening its doors in 2016, it has been constantly buzzing. Only once did we have to wait for a table but we were more than happy to. The majority of the tables are outside with a mix of privates 2/4 seater tables or larger tables used for sharing, this means that you may be sat on the same table as people that you dont know. As much as it always buzzing because of the large sharer tables they are never short of seats. There are also a few tables inside where you sit at a breakfast bar on high stools. 

The service here is great with attentive servers and a fast turnover, we were never waiting too long for our meals. Theres also a big water tank, I used this to fill up my bottle with clean and fresh drinking water. A note I feel that I should add here is that this restaurant is completly vegeterian with most meals also being vegan, They really cater for everyone including all the carnivores out there. 

I first came here with a few of the girls I met during my Yoga Teacher Training course, we spent a few days after completing the course in Canguu and met up here for breakfast. I had the Caramelised banana oats and a mocha with coconut milk. The next time I came here was when I came back to Canguu after my Boyfriend, Ethan flew out to Bali - We came here for dinner. For Drinks we had the vodka Slushies. I had the Tempe Bowl (75 IDR) which is Vegan, Dairy Free and Gluten Free. The Tempe Bowl is made up of vermicelli Noodles, Tempe which has been marinated, your usual greens such as spinach, rocket and cucumber and a few other veggies, it also comes with some crackers. Ethan had the Gyro Jack Burger (80 IDR) This is marinated Jackfruit with grilled Eggplant, roasted peppers, and your usual lettuce, cucumber and tomato. It comes with a side of 'Smashed Spuds' which isnt mash like i thought, they are more of small roasted potatos, really good! and for dessert we shared the sticky date pudding (45 IDR)



We came again for dinner, this time we shared the hummus platter to start, 'Dips & Bits' (85 IDR) consists of Baba Ganoush, Tzatzki, a Pate, and Pea Edamame Hummus with a selection of veggies, crackers, flatbread and nuts. For the main course I had the Mighty Mac 'N' Cheese (80 IDR) this was a really nice dish but in my opinion not cheesy enough to be called a Mac and Cheese, I loved it though but definetly could have had more cheese. (The Might Mac 'N' Cheese is vegan) Ethan had the Crimped Noodle (75 IDR) this is a egg noodle based dish with a lemon grass and tamarind sauce along with a few veggies, tempe, egg and herbs. This time we came we had water from the big filtered water tank and didnt get a dessert. 


The fourth and final trip to The Shady Shack we came for breakfast, we ordered two cappucinos with soy milk, The big vegeterian breakfast for Ethan and the big vegan breakfast for me. and we also ordered the lost in paradise smoothie bowl to share between the two of us. The smoothie bowls are not only huge but perfect to share between two! they come with granola and a lot of fruit on top such as melon slices, Passion fruit and other fruits.




Overall I would honetsly say that if you are in Canguu, you can not miss out on this gem whether you are Veggie, Vegan or a meat eater.

Enjoy!

Instagram: @Chvrlottee

@CharlottesGalleryUK


Comments

Popular Posts